Have you ever found yourself wondering “when should I update my insurance policies?” If yes you’re not alone!
This is a question we get asked often. Here is our advice to help answer the question.
- Ask your insurance broker if your policies have a built-in yearly review that adjusts the retail figures of vehicles every year.
- Find out if your policy offers any top-ups that cover your vehicle even if it’s been financed with a residual or guaranteed buyback. This will ensure you are not left in a difficult financial position should your vehicle be written off.
- Request an itemised break-down of your policies and ensure the replacement values are correct on all assets, accessories and itemised valuables.
- Ensure all drivers are mentioned on the policy.
- Have your insurance broker clearly explain the policies basic excess and all additional excess as well as when they will apply?
- A common myth is that direct insurers are always cheaper. Do your due diligence, you will be surprised by the price variation between providers.
- Always request an up to date copy of your insurance policy, should you make any changes to an existing policy, request an updated copy each time.
- Avoid agreeing to terms and conditions over the phone unless you are recording the conversation.
Giorgio Express Auto Body Repairs is one of the most sophisticated panel shops in KwaZulu Natal. Our staff are highly qualified and experienced. Together with our state-of-the-art equipment, we are able to ensure that you and your vehicle are in good hands. We specialise in complex and intricate repairs, spray painting and polishing of the highest quality.
For more information:
If you find yourself part of a collision please contact us on our 24-hour line (072) 612-5747 and we will be there to help.
Join our community @giorgioexpress_
Approved service centre for: Mercedes Benz, Smart, Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Alpha Romeo, Fiat, Lexus, Peugeot, Citroen, Volkswagen, Ford, Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Nissan, Toyota, GWM, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Opel, Chevrolet, Renault, Isuzu and TATA.